Asthma is a chronic illness that attacks the airways in the lungs. The patient might suffer coughing, trouble in breathing, coughing or wheezing, tig
Asthma is a chronic illness that attacks the airways in the lungs. The patient might suffer coughing, trouble in breathing, coughing or wheezing, tightness or pain in the chest on an asthma attack. These attacks appear to paralyze the patient because of being scared as he can’t seek for help.
Luckily, those people who suffered from asthma can still take everyday activities and enjoy a normal life without any restrictions as long as asthma is well controlled.
Here are basic facts about asthma that you must be informed and some tips on how you can reduce asthma:
You Can Develop Asthma Later On In Your Life
The signs of asthma didn’t only occur in young children. A lot of people can have asthma anytime.
Asthma may develop later in your adulthood and this is called adult-onset asthma based on the President of Asthma and Allergy Association of Singapore, Dr. Chiang Wen Chin.
You Can Still Do Physical Activities If You Have Asthma
Even if you have asthma, you can still do physical activities. All you must to do was to have a right dose of medication and proper training. In spite of the fact that they have asthma, a lot of people can do any sport that they wanted. But if you are experiencing acute asthma exacerbation which can lead to signs to worsen and you might seek for your doctor first to ask if you can allow doing any physical activities.
You Can’t Outgrow Asthma
If you believe that asthma will leave you where you are grown up, you are wrong, Asthma signs might enhance as you get older and remain all throughout in your life. You must make sure to have a precise management plant to decrease attacks and alleviate asthma signs.
Asthma Is Not Psychological
You must know that asthma is a physical problem however, it can attack psychological factors like the feeling of intense emotions like excitement, fear, and anger and emotional stress that can leads to shortness in breathing and chest discomfort.
Allergies And Asthma Are Closely Related
One of the causes of allergies and the effect of asthma was allergens. If you smell or inhale something you are allergic to can cause asthma signs. It is recommended to avoid all allergens to stop incidents of an asthma attack.
Here are the lists of some allergens that can lead to allergic asthma:
Apart from the allergens, there are a lot of factors that can trigger asthma effects in your house which are breathing in mold, cigarette smoke, smoke from burning grass or wood, and outdoor air pollution.
There are a few ways on how to manage your living state while you were managing the allergies and asthma attacks:
1. Clean your air-conditioner every day.
2. Use an air cleanser.
3. Put your books and clothes in a covered cupboard.
4. Avoid having furry, soft toys on your bed.
5. It is not suggested to have thick curtains in the bedroom.
6. Cover your mattresses and pillow by the use of ani-dust mite covers.
7. Choose for a damp cloth when you were cleaning surfaces rather than using feather dusters.
8. Once a week was your pillowcases and bedsheets in hot water around >60°C).
Here are some tips on what you can do if you are allergic to pet dander:
1. Keep the pet out on your bedroom if you have a pet in your house.
2. After visiting friends with pets, wash your clothes immediately.
3. After petting any pet, wash your hands quickly.
4. Replenish carpeting with linoleum, tile, or hardwood which will not catch any pet dander.